Datanetix Privacy Statement
Datanetix respects the privacy of every individual who visits its Web sites and uses its services. This privacy statement provides notice of the standards and terms under which Datanetix protects the privacy of information supplied by visitors to sites on the World Wide Web that are owned and operated by Datanetix, including www.datanetix.com. This privacy statement provides notice of our information collection practices and of the ways in which your information may be used. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically to review this information.
2. Personally Identifiable Information.
Datanetix typically receives specific data about its Web site visitors only when such information is provided voluntarily, such as when our visitors request information, purchase or enroll for services, provide resume information for employment opportunities, or send us e-mail. Of course, some of these activities require that you give us information, such as when you make a purchase, use a credit card or electronic payment service to pay for Datanetix services, submit your resume, or request certain types of information.
We collect the following types of information about you.
• Postal Address
• Zip code or postal code
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Fax number
• Internet domain name
• Credit or debit card information
• Cardholder name
• Card number
• Type of card (e.g., Visa, Mastercard)
• Expiration date
• Security code
• Paypal account information
• Email address of PayPal account
• Internet Protocol (IP) address for fraud-prevention purposes
• Social Security Number (SSN), Federal Employer Identification Number (F.E.I.N.), or other Tax I.D. Number (this is collected if you join our affiliate program, so that we can comply with United States federal income tax laws.
When you provide personally identifiable information to Datanetix through one of our Web sites, it will be used to fulfill your specific request. However, Datanetix reserves the right, in its discretion, to send you bulletins and other important information about your Datanetix services.
Datanetix currently only sends service communication e-mails through www.datanetix.com, and does not send marketing e-mails or newsletters through www.datanetix.com. The service communication e-mails are essential to our registering you for service and to our continuing provision of services to you. Therefore, you may not opt out of receiving these e-mail messages.
Datanetix will not, however, sell, trade, or otherwise disclose your personally identifiable information unless we are authorized or legally required to do so, or in the case of imminent physical harm to any person. On those Datanetix sites where you may provide Datanetix with credit card, electronic payment service, or other ordering information via the Web, Datanetix protects and secures this information by employing commercially customary Web-based security and encryption protocols, an example of which is the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). On those sites where you voluntarily offer any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like, Datanetix will treat that portion of the information as non-confidential and non-proprietary and, except as otherwise expressed in this privacy statement, Datanetix assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure.
3. Non-Personally Identifiable (Generic) Information.
In general, Datanetix gathers some generic information automatically. Generic information does not reveal the identity of the visitor. It usually includes information about the Internet address assigned to your computer, the number and frequency of visitors, and the Datanetix sites visited. Datanetix gathers this information for the limited purpose of determining customer service and Web site needs. We accomplish this by using certain technologies, including “cookies” (a technology that can be used to provide the visitor with tailored information about Datanetix services). Hosting Zoom does not combine information collected in this way with any personally identifiable information. You can set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and you can refuse it. However, refusing some cookies may make it impossible to use or navigate the Datanetix Web site properly.
4. Your Datanetix-Hosted Web Site, Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third Party Sites.
The Live Chat system that Datanetix uses for customer support is a one-on-one chat. Datanetix owns or licenses the Live Chat software and operates it on Datanetix’s server and network. No third party collects any information that you provide through the Live Chat system. Datanetix may retain and use logs of the Live Chat sessions for any of the following purposes:
• to analyze and resolve system problems;
• to compile and update frequently asked questions (FAQ) and entries in the customer support Knowledge Base;
• to report problems to and obtain technical support from Datanetix’s vendors, suppliers, or service providers;
• to train personnel providing support to customers via Live Chat;
• to evaluate the job performance of personnel providing support to customers via Live Chat;
• to measure the effectiveness of Live Chat in providing support to customers;
• to improve the quality and effectiveness of Live Chat in providing support to customers; or
• to perform any other internal task related to providing services to Datanetix customers, provided that performance of the task does not require disclosure of any of the contents of a chat session without the customer’s prior permission.
5. Exceptions and Limitations.
Notwithstanding the foregoing and in compliance with applicable laws, Datanetix (i) cooperates fully with state, local, and federal officials in any investigation relating to any content (including personal or private electronic communications transmitted to Datanetix) or purported unlawful activities of any user of the Datanetix Service, and (ii) takes reasonable measures to protect its proprietary rights. For the limited purposes of accomplishing such cooperation and measures and in compliance with applicable laws, Datanetix may be required to disclose personally identifiable information.
In addition, Datanetix may elect to monitor the areas of communication of any kind (i) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (ii) if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate Datanetix’s business; or (iii) to protect the rights or property of Datanetix or others.
6. Sale or Transfer of Datanetix’s Stock or Assets.
In connection with the potential or actual sale or transfer of any of its interest in www.datanetix.com, and other sites owned by Datanetix, and any of the assets or stock of the company, Datanetix reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including, but not limited to, name, address information, and other information you provided to Datanetix) to a third party that (i) concentrates its business in Web hosting or communication products or services; (ii) agrees to be Datanetix’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of information collected and maintained by Datanetix; and (iii) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement. To the extent it is practicable to do so, this paragraph shall also apply in the event of any bankruptcy proceedings involving Datanetix.
In the event that Datanetix plans to transfer your information to a third party incident to a potential or actual sale of any of Datanetix’s assets or stock, or incident to any bankruptcy proceedings involving Datanetix, Datanetix will:
• Notify you by e-mail, at the e-mail address then on file for your account, at least thirty (30) days prior to the transfer taking place; and
• Give you the opportunity to decide whether you wish for your information to be transferred to the third party. Please note, however, that if you choose not to allow your information to be transferred to the third party, you may have to terminate or cancel your service with Datanetix. At the time of providing notice to you of the upcoming transfer of information to a third party, Datanetix will tell you whether you will have to terminate or cancel your service, should you decide not to allow Datanetix to transfer your information to the third party.
7. Applicable Laws.
AS A MATERIAL CONDITION OF USING THIS WEB SITE OR Datanetix’S HOSTING SERVICES, OR BOTH, CUSTOMER AND Datanetix AGREE THAT THE USE OF THIS SITE IS BOUND AND GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS AND OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, REGARDLESS OF WHERE CUSTOMER MAY RESIDE, ACCESS THE INTERNET, OR CONDUCT HIS, HER, OR ITS BUSINESS.
MOREOVER, CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT Datanetix RECEIVES AND STORES PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON SERVERS LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. FURTHERMORE, CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES TO SUCH FLOWS OF HIS OR HER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS FROM HIS OR HER COUNTRY TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Datanetix’s Web site and services are operated by Datanetix, Inc., a corporation existing in the State of Texas, United States of America. Datanetix’s site and services can be accessed by visitors and customers from countries around the world. Such countries may have differing laws with respect to Internet communications, the formation of contracts, consumer protection issues, privacy, and the transfer of personally identifiable information.
8. Changes in this Privacy Statement.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
9. Contact Us.
Attention: Privacy Officer
P. O. Box 664
Miamisburg, Ohio 45343-0664
10. Access to Personally Identifiable Information.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update it by making the change on our member information page or by e-mailing our Customer Support at email@example.com.
11. Sharing of Information.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill you for services. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any purposes other than to bill you for our services.
We use other third parties to provide various additional services for you on our Web site. When you sign up for the additional services, we will share certain elements of the information you provide to us as necessary for the third party to provide that service.